Monday, July 3, 2006

I upgraded my blogging software today.

Hit a few bumps in the road, the new version wanted ASP.NET 2.0 and since it was installed onto the web server in a way that aspnet_isapi.dll wasn’t included in the web server extension list.  It took me a while to figure out that it wasn’t registered as a valid extension and that is what was causing the 404 errors.

I also managed to get a hold of a Newsgator plugin for my blogging software so I can post from Outlook now.

In my stumbling around with the blogging software I discovered that my email server hadn’t been doing regular backups since April.  Ouch.  I have now fixed that issue too.

Hope everyone has fun this 4th of July.